• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • granpas gotagun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Texas
    Before the listing starts, I just wanted to say thanks to the guys in the Shotgun Forum. They provided me a lot of information as to what I have. The post has a lot good reading and insights about the Mag-10 "RoadBlocker".

Just got an Ithaca Mag-10 gauge out of a safe where its been sitting in a corner for some 30+ years. "The Ithaca Mag-10 was the worlds first 10 GA semi-automatic gas-operated shotgun chambered in 10-gauge (3½"). The CounterCoil system built into the front of the magazine tube reduced the recoil from the round to allow easier second shots but cut the magazine size in half to 2 shells." This LE/MIL model Ithaca is one of their more rare/scarce variant 10 gauge magnum shotguns. More technical info here: https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-l...as-roadblocker-special-purpose-police-shotgun

As far as condition, in my opinion, overall it appears to be in good to very good condition with normal dings on wood and Parkerized finish with a bright clean bore on a gun that likely saw service use but likely not fired all that much. I have not cleaned or oiled it. It has the 21 3/4(22) inch barrel - breech to muzzle end, 21 from receiver to muzzle end, Ithaca stamped recoil pad and is missing the bead sight. Simply put, this RoadBlocker Mag-10 is a beast of a shotgun that weighs 11.25 lbs and holds 3rds of magnum 10 gauge shells - 2 in the tube and 1 in the chamber.

"The Roadblocker was advertised with both a 20" and 22" (which actually measured out to 21¾") barrels. The option of a plain or vent barrel was also available. The shotgun had a parkerized finish on the barrel, receiver and non-checkered walnut stock and forearm. There were no Ithaca factory markings of the name "Roadblocker" on the shotgun receiver, barrel or stock or any identifying letters in the serial number. Ithaca marketing for the Roadblocker to law enforcement agencies declared the Mag-10 "can stop a car in its tracks." link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Mag-10

Ive included some pictures that I hope helps in identifying both the gun and its condition - Ithaca Model MAG-10, FOR 3 1/2 IN,100035627 - ( a vertical mark like a 1?)

Selling for 1900$, I will include the box(24rds) of 84 pellets magnum rds and the box(23rds) of magnum blanks shown in the pictures with the RoadBlocker.

FTF BOS Midland Odessa area, will ship(Texas only) from my FFL to yours for 50$, I will be in the Belton area 6-12 to 6-17. I would consider taking a Sig Sauer product in on partial trade.
    Guns International

Attachments

• Ithaca Roadblocker.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker.jpg
      231.8 KB · Views: 110
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_2.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_2.jpg
      442.4 KB · Views: 106
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_3.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_3.jpg
      360.7 KB · Views: 95
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_4.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_4.jpg
      424.6 KB · Views: 107
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_5.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_5.jpg
      280.4 KB · Views: 94
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_6.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_6.jpg
      249.1 KB · Views: 93
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_7.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_7.jpg
      213.3 KB · Views: 87
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_8.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_8.jpg
      311.7 KB · Views: 89
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_9.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_9.jpg
      272.9 KB · Views: 80
    • Ithaca Roadblocker_10.jpg
      Ithaca Roadblocker_10.jpg
      200.8 KB · Views: 91
    Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Discussion in the classifieds is limited to brief inquiries regarding specifics.

Buyers and sellers should conduct all price negotiations via PM. Ditto if you want to argue about condition, etc. Calling someone out for the price they're asking is not just against the rules but is also incredibly poor form.

Three posts deleted that contravened those rules.

granpas gotagun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Texas
    Before the listing starts, I just wanted to say thanks to the guys in the Shotgun Forum. They provided me a lot of information as to what I have. The post has a lot good reading and insights about the Mag-10 "RoadBlocker".

Just got an Ithaca Mag-10 gauge out of a safe where its been sitting in a corner for some 30+ years. "The Ithaca Mag-10 was the worlds first 10 GA semi-automatic gas-operated shotgun chambered in 10-gauge (3½"). The CounterCoil system built into the front of the magazine tube reduced the recoil from the round to allow easier second shots but cut the magazine size in half to 2 shells." This LE/MIL model Ithaca is one of their more rare/scarce variant 10 gauge magnum shotguns. More technical info here: https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-l...as-roadblocker-special-purpose-police-shotgun

As far as condition, in my opinion, overall it appears to be in good to very good condition with normal dings on wood and Parkerized finish with a bright clean bore on a gun that likely saw service use but likely not fired all that much. I have not cleaned or oiled it. It has the 21 3/4(22) inch barrel - breech to muzzle end, 21 from receiver to muzzle end, Ithaca stamped recoil pad and is missing the bead sight. Simply put, this RoadBlocker Mag-10 is a beast of a shotgun that weighs 11.25 lbs and holds 3rds of magnum 10 gauge shells - 2 in the tube and 1 in the chamber.

"The Roadblocker was advertised with both a 20" and 22" (which actually measured out to 21¾") barrels. The option of a plain or vent barrel was also available. The shotgun had a parkerized finish on the barrel, receiver and non-checkered walnut stock and forearm. There were no Ithaca factory markings of the name "Roadblocker" on the shotgun receiver, barrel or stock or any identifying letters in the serial number. Ithaca marketing for the Roadblocker to law enforcement agencies declared the Mag-10 "can stop a car in its tracks." link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Mag-10

Ive included some pictures that I hope helps in identifying both the gun and its condition - Ithaca Model MAG-10, FOR 3 1/2 IN,100035627 - ( a vertical mark like a 1?). This "Roadblocker" was manufactured in the 1981-1982 time period.

Selling for 1900$, I will include the box(24rds) of 84 pellets magnum rds and the box(23rds) of magnum blanks shown in the pictures with the RoadBlocker.

FTF BOS Midland Odessa area, will ship(Texas only) from my FFL to yours for 50$. I would consider taking a Sig Sauer product or a Holosun 507c optic or pistol with Holosun 507c in on partial trade.
    updated description and added additional variant information.

Last edited:

granpas gotagun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Texas
    The RoadBlocker sold. I appreciate all of the help from the guys in the shotgun thread for helping me figure out what I had and what it is worth.

Top Bottom