Darkwing (INVINCIBLE) respect thread

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seastone98

INTRO: Today I'll be covering Darkwing a hero in the invincible/skybound universe that mimics DC's Batman however he has some superhuman power & is a lot tougher on crime (he kills occasionally)

NOTE: There's two Darkwings the first is the original later on his sidekick (Night boy) will take up the mantle & far surpass is mentor, so in order to make this thread as simple as possible I will be using feats from both, this is because they have the same exact abilities & tech so Darkwing 2 should scale to his predecessor

No Caption Provided

Strength

1st & 2nd scan give us his base stats (peak human), the 3rd & 4th scan shows that Darkwing is capable of making invincible feel his hits, the 5th scan shows Darkwing slamming doc seismic into the ground one handed, the 6th scan shows Darkwing ko some mooks with a single punch

Gadgets

The first 2 scans list all of Darkwing's gear like grappling hooks, smoke bombs, a re-breather & his aircraft the "wing jet", the 3rd & 4th scans we see his explosive shuriken car powerful enough to break thru cocoons even the immortal couldn't breakout of, the last scan shows how Darkwing has a fighter jet that is voice commanded

Durability

Darkwing is shown being able to tank hits from doc seismic quake waves & semi serious punches from a ticked off invincible

Speed/agility

1st scan shows Darkwing easily evade a monster's attacks, 2nd scan shows Darkwing saving invincible from a bullrush from Omi man, 3rd scan shows Darkwing snatching away doc seismic so fast even invincible is surprised

Shadowverse

The 1st scan explains what the shadowverse is, it is an alternate dimension that links all the shadows & darkness on earth, 2nd & 3rd scan shows Darkwing bringing invincible to the shadowverse & explains there are monsters in the shadowverse, the 4th & 5th shows Darkwing snatching away both evil & good Mark into the shadow realm, the 6th & final scan shows Darkwing being able to survive in the shadowverse for over a decade (meaning he likely knows it well)

Any way that's all I've got but hopefully y'all know Darkwing a bit better when season 2 of Invincible comes out

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CryoLancer47

Well done RT.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: thanks 👍 this whole thread was rather spontaneous, I was thinking about using him in a battle, any suggestions?

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:

Nice RT. He certainly has an interesting powerset, with all that shadowverse stuff.

yeah he's dope, hopefully he gets some justice in the show too

your tag didn’t work btw

crap! Thanks for letting me know

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CryoLancer47
@seastone98 said:

@cryolancer47: thanks 👍 this whole thread was rather spontaneous, I was thinking about using him in a battle, any suggestions?

Apologize for the late response.

Okay, so after going through some RT's. I'd say start by putting him against high-street levelers first, like 616 Iron Fist/Luke Cage, or DC characters like Pre-Crisis/New52 Batman, Black Canary, or the entire Batfam. And work your way up from there, to determine where he possibly stops. And the type of characters he can or can't handle.

Maybe even put him against live action mid-tiers to see how far he can climb in the food chain.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: nice that's where I put him in power too, I did a Midnighter vs Darkwing thread already but it didn't gain much traction

Still thanks for the suggestion

Reyne-TheAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I tripping, because I was certain Darkwing 2 used a suit bot ready for DW1 that gives him enhanced strength, durability, and that shadow realm feature.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By seastone98

@reyne-theabyss: I believe the way the invincible handbook explains it something like Darkwing 1 was a better fighter & inventor but Darkwing 2 is the one with enhancements, & has access to the shadowverse

I put feats from both Darkwings because they use the same tech & have similar costumes